*NEW* – Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position available
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our vibrant team of multidisciplinary researchers specializing in the development of biomaterials, functional assays and biomedical devices to understand cell-cell and cell-material interactions during health and disease states. The qualified candidate will lead a funded project in advanced mammalian-microbe co-culture platforms using polymeric bioink cell patterning and engineered oral mucosal epithelium. The developed platforms will be used for functional screening of therapeutic microbes to treat chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis and other oral diseases.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design and perform experiments related to basic and applied research in consultation with principal investigator and collaborators
- Disseminate results via preparation of reports and presentation lab meetings, departmental seminars and conferences
- Prepare conference abstracts, manuscripts and grant applications
- Provide training and support for graduate and undergraduate trainees
- Establish and optimize lab methods and protocols
- Contribute to general lab upkeeping, including ordering supplies and equipment maintenance
- Holds a Ph.D. granted within the last 3-years in relevant fields, including, but not limited to biomedical engineering, biomaterials, chemical engineering, microbiology and cell biology.
- Experience in tissue engineering and/or in vitro 3-D tissue-based assay platform development an asset.
- Experience in microfluidic device development as asset.
- Excellent time management and communication skills (oral and written English).
- Successful candidate will be expected to be innovative, creative and solution-oriented.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae including a list of publications and contact information of three (3) references. Please apply through the Dalhousie Portal (https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/5399). Review of applications will begin March 1st, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. The proposed start date is April 1st, 2021 (negotiable).
The appointment will initially be 1 year, with possibility of extension depending on funding availability, with salary range of CAD $42,000 – 48,000 per annum plus benefits, commensurate with experience.